Our Patient-Public Group (PPG) provides direction. It ensures we stay focussed on producing intelligence to advance bowel cancer care. The PPG engages with the colorectal cancer population and acts as their representatives. Azmina Verjee, a former colorectal cancer patient, chairs the PPG.
Our Patient-Public Group with programme staff members
Our PPG members are very active, they:
- Meet every 6-8 weeks to review our progress and future plans.
- Propose new initiatives and coproduce them.
- Blog about events and conferences.
- Undertake activities at public engagement events such as the Great Exhibition of the North.
- Take part in national events such as Britain Against Cancer.
- Take part in international events such as European Cancer Summits.
- Write and review plain language summaries of our publications.
- Advise on what projects are most relevant to patients and the public.